Unit 15Teaching aims and demands1.
1.Words and expressions:Pain in (the) future be rich in contain fat(n.) kejan drink score scores of discuss discussion at the end (of)
2. Oral EnglishWhat can I do for you?What was the matter?I’ve got a pain/cough/headache.I don’t feel well.There’s something wrong with….This place hurts.Let me examine you.Does it hurt here?It’s nothing serious.You’d better have a good rest.Take this medicine three times a day.And I advise you not to do….Drink plenty of water and have a good rest.You’ll be well soon.
4. 语言应用：运用所学语言，围绕看病者一题材，完成教科书和练习册中规定的听、说、写的任务；阅读课文“What is a healthy diet?”, 深刻理解，让学生了解有关营养与卫生的基本常识，并完成课文内容的联系。
课时教案Lesson 57 At the doctor’sI. Revision
1. Check the homework exercises.
2. Revise illnesses (headache, backache, toothache, cough, cold, etc). Practice a dialogue with the Ss:A: what’s the matter?B: I’ve got a headache.A: oh dear! Why don’t you have a rest?B: I think I will.See if the Ss can make suggestions for the other illnesses (see a doctor/stay in bed/take some medicine/drink some hot water, etc)
2. Talk about the picture. Teach the words examine and patient. Ask the Ss to read the dialogue and find out what the matter with Sharon is. Allow the Ss a few moments to find the answer. And then answer the question: Why does she have a pain? See if the Ss can guess the meaning of ripe. Go through the dialogue with the Ss and make sure the Ss understand it. Explain any difficult language points.
3. a bit 程度副词 “一点儿” = a little 用于口语I’m a bit tired; I’d like to have a rest.You’re driving too fast. Could you drive a bit slower?